Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Curiosity Day 7 - WebGL

Came across an interesting demo of WebGL. Basically the ability to view 3D renditions in the browser. Hardware accelerated 3D graphics to the browser without having to install anything. Mozilla / Chrome had some good beta / extensions. Microsoft was conspicuous in its absence. Did a little more digging and found out that there are some security loopholes in WebGL that could be exploited which was the reason Microsoft gave for not supporting it in IE.. That being said you also need Windows 7 or Vista and special stuff in the video card. Will check it out on my wife's Windows 7 laptop soon to see how cool this is. Google has come out with a version of its Maps on WebGL. Interested in seeing what the buzz is all about.

More tennis. I think I am going to stick with my earlier serve. Too many aches and pains in the shoulder, elbow, wrist etc. to go through the grind and practice of learning the serve. So maybe I didn't learn a better serve but I did learn something about my body and am impressed that I did not do what I normally do, which is push the body till it breaks and I get injured..

No comments:

Post a Comment