Sunday, December 4, 2011

Curiosity Day 3 - More tennis / science and religion

Practiced my serve some more. Can't overdo it, although i so badly want to spend hours. Have done this before and ended up hurting myself and at my age the injuries take forever to heal (especially if I countinue playing through the injuries). What is it about obsessiveness that trumps common sense. Have also been working on my forehand and remembering to turn my shoulders as i hit the shot. Hitting against a wall it seems to make a big difference. Now have to see how it translates on the tennis court.

While religion gets a bad rap due to all the conflicts that arise, all the violence that is enacted in the name of religion, science in some ways is scarier. While religion can cause a lot of pain and suffering, science can actually wipe out all of humanity and cause mass extinction. Combine the two together and you have the perfect recipe for disaster. The similarity between the two is the same too. There is a lot of good that comes out of it and the potential for a lot of bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment